Your career in shiny, happy, hip, innovative, edgy hospitality starts here! At Ovolo Hotels we move fast, have fun, and redefine what a boutique hotel can be. Something special is going on here – this is your opportunity to be part of it!
Located in Sydney's inner-city suburb of Darling Harbour, Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour Hotel is a heritage listed 90 bedroom boutique hotel, eatery, bar & event space that combines a little of Sydney's old world charm with a lot of contemporary funky design & modern-day comfort.
As a Head Chef you will be tasked with the management of our small but groovy kitchen in this brand new venue. Reporting to the Hotel General Manager you will be assisting with the growth of our Hotels food offering, menu and workflow design, overseeing a small kitchen team and involvement with marketing and promotional strategy. It goes without saying that our food will be paramount, but not like that all too-slick, corporate blah blah experience happening elsewhere in your traditional Hotel. We have a bit of personality, a bit of freshness, interesting and quirky, we shine and are always changing.
- Being a new restaurant concept, the Chef will be responsible for setting up the kitchen and all back of the house operations.
- Selecting, hiring and training the culinary staff will also be expected of the Executive Chef. Leading by example and maintaining an open line of communication will assist the Head Chef in setting high standards for the culinary personnel.
- An immaculate and well-organized kitchen, as well as a positive and professional atmosphere, must be maintained at all times.
- The Head Chef will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as state health and safety regulations.
- The Head Chef will also take responsibility for scheduling the kitchen staff as well as maintaining labor goals for the back of the house.
- Product ordering and food inventory will also be a function of the Executive Chef.
- The Head Chef will work closely with the General Manager to enhance knowledge of P&L and budgeting.
- You are a hands on Head Chef or an up and coming Sous chef with minimum 2 years experience in a similar environment
- You are an ace at making pasta from scratch
- You will be enjoy being on tools and bringing your creations to life
- Bring your on-trend ideas, new dishes, new concepts and new menus to make our food offering the best in the area
- Good knowledge of WHS, food hygiene and efficient kitchen processes
- Your team think you're absolutely fabulous and you LOVE to train your peeps
- You work fantastically under pressure, are cucumber cool and a natural born leader who gets things done
- You love the face-to-face guest experience and LOVE getting to know your guests
- Whilst you may not love crunching the numbers you do get a ching –ching rush when your COGs line up with your budget
- The F&B Team are your BFF's!
Shiny happy people all round. That is our mission.
Join us, we are cool and hip. Get to be yourself. Not like 'ordinary' hotels. We are something different. There's something happening here.
Apply with Ovolo for a career of excitement!