Are you just like everyone else? Or do you STAND OUT?
Your career in shiny, happy, hip, innovative, edgy hospitality starts here! At Ovolo Hotels we move fast, have fun, and redefine what a Lifestyle hotel can be. Something special is going on here – this is your opportunity to be part of it!
An exciting opportunity has become available for a proactive, hands on, self-starting HR Business Partner who is looking to work across all areas of Human Resources, continually seeks opportunities to improve and develop the way the business operates. This is done by championing best practice, advocating and coaching leaders on great people management practice within Human Resources.
The role offers huge variety and scope, suiting an experienced HR generalist who is comfortable in working hands with the Hotel operations team, as well as executing the people strategy for the region. You will take ownership of the end to end HR function supporting a headcount of approx. 50 FTE Hong Kong Region.
This business has a global footprint and you will receive support and development from the Hong Kong HR team. Key outcomes for the HR function are to maintain and improve the current employee engagement and overall performance levels across the group.
What you'll get and what we need
Well, there's the chance to shine in a brilliant team environment with THE coolest hotel brand in Australia– and bring your personality and sense of fun to work.
This position has a great balance between hands on HR requirements up to involvement in the overall people strategy. You will
- become the first point of contact for everything HR for both office-based employees and hotel workers so it is critical you are confident liaising with all levels of employee within the business.
- You will have a genuine passion for HR and enjoy helping employees wherever you can.
- You will have experience interpreting legislative changes, awards and industrial agreements.
- You will be eager to implement HR programs and initiatives to drive overall engagement and performance.
- You will be analytical, a problem solver and a true business partner to the wider business.
- You will take ownership of the Hong Kong HR agenda with the support of your HR colleagues throughout Asia and Globally.
- You will enjoy flexibility in the workplace and a mature management style where you are given the chance to succeed without being micromanaged.
In return you will be working with high performing leaders who is prepared to invest time into your growth and development.
This role has a dual reporting line to both the Group Director of People and Performance and the COO Hong Kong.
This position will encompass everything related to HR however your key duties will involve:
- Oversee the entire HR function, at both a strategic and hands on operational level for the Region
- Support leaders within the business across a variety of HR related tasks including performance management, job evaluation and team structuring, remuneration and benefits, talent management and succession planning, training and development and talent acquisition.
- Conduct employee engagement surveys, collating the findings and reporting on trends whilst providing recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with leaders in operations to deliver a flawless experience for our people
- Build culture and engagement through the implementation of cultural initiatives, training and development programs and incentives
- Drive performance through robust capability & succession planning
- Responsible for legal compliance with policies, employee relations issues, contracts, workers comp claims and payroll procedures
- Responsibility for the training function and liaise directly with the senior team to determine key positioning and focus for Ovolo L&D
- Facilitation of Ovolo training programs across various learning modules
- The creation of career pathways and development plans for our talent and leadership group, and partner with them to see these plans realised
- Implement career progression framework for our front-line teams
- Partnering with the ops team to develop service delivery SOP's and training materials
- Implement and update HR policies and procedures in line with relevant legislation.
This role would suit a commercially savvy, innovative, "entrepreneurial go-getter" with bags of energy, positive mind-set and with a hunger to succeed within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Look, Feel, Be Ovolo! We are not your ordinary hotel brand
- You MUST have previous HRM experience at a senior / executive level
- Proven experience in developing and executing People strategy with a focus on building capability including within senior leadership teams.
- Understanding the employee journey and ability to build point of difference experiences for our people
- Extensive knowledge of all employment Hong Kong Labour Laws
- Ability to coach and mentor across all stakeholders
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills
- Experience in SAP platforms would be highly desirable
- Hospitality industry knowledge is ideal, but more important is your experience in lifting the capability of a front line teams in a customer-centric environment, so maybe you are from retail or hospitality or similar An innovative approach to training practices, strength in coaching, professional leadership and front line service delivery
- You are an awesome facilitator who excels in face to face delivery
- Ability to "get stuff done;" execute quickly and with high-quality precision in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A natural knack with systems (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Join us, we are cool. Get to be yourself. Not like 'ordinary' hotels. We are something different. There's something happening here